Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm turning Taiwanese, Yes, I'm turning Taiwanese, Yes, I really think so....

Hmmm...... well, today I set out to get my hair dyed.  It was an experience.   After 4 hours and 10 minutes, it was official.  My hair was jet black. 
I had selected what seemed to me to be a nice brownish reddish color, but somehow my hair ended up jet black.  It is really quite a shock actually.  I am not sure if this picture does true justice to the current color of my hair. 
I guess this is what happens when you have someone dye your hair who really doesn't speak English.  The hair stylists were a bit overwhelmed by my hair.    I think because it is so thick.  I say hair stylists because about 4 different men worked on my hair, sometimes 3 of them at a time.  The process was really long.  First, they washed my hair.  Then it was a tangled mess and they don't seem to have detangler.  So it took 3 guys to comb my hair out. Then they dyed it.  Then I sat under the heater for 30 minutes.  Then they washed my hair again and massaged my scalp.  Then they put something on my hair- who knows what?- and then they put me back under the heater for another 30 minutes.  Then they washed my hair again.  Then I got a back massage.  Then they cut and styled my hair.   I thought perhaps when they dried my hair it would dry more of a brownish color- but nope, jet black, my friends, jet black.  Myron laughed for a good 5 minutes when I got home.   They tell me it will magically turn brown again in the next 5 washes-  we shall see... 
Oh, the adventures big and small of living abroad. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, I think I like it!!!